Youri Visser-Benazeraf lives and works in Paris since 1988.
The serie "Noble Materials" is a search towards the deconstruction of color and its connection with the canvas.
It involves bonding extremely simple materials such as rope, untransformed cotton cloth, and pure pigment.
At the border of conceptual art and strict minimalism, the finality of this serie is to reduce and divide into precise sequences all the movements in order to erase the superfluous agitation and "noise" that could harm the components of the work.
Youri assembles the frame, stretches the canvas and applies a mixture of a specifically created medium that doesn't grind the light of the pigment. Finally, the rope, which is his trademark, allows him to make the connection between the painted surface and the canvas.
Thus, although this mean of expression is of great complexity - both in its conceptualization and in its realization, the only thing that remains visible to the observer is the composition of the work and its density.
More broadly, the conceptual work of Youri comes from the idea of clumsy repair exercised with great mastery. This aims to give the work a depth and a density visible to the observer.
Youri Visser-Benazeraf was born in Paris in 1988. From the age of 11, he was diagnosed as EIP (intellectually precocious child) and abandoned the classical scholar cursus to focus on cinema, literature and art.
His mother, founder of the Euro-inter-art association for artistic sponsorship, reinforced his taste for art and Youri, self-taught, started with abstract drawings, figurative paintings and neo-expressionism. His line of work and his style finally began with the use of pigments and textile.
An important turnaround in his personal life forced him to abandon the classical materials and Youri started arte povera, minimalism and conceptual art when his father, entrepreneur at the origin of the largest precedents against corruption, cartels and trusts worldwide, lost his business. With nothing except the financial debts, Youri continued to create with whatever he could find and in order to keep improving his technics.
In 2011, after obtaining a cinema degree, Youri started his career as a professional visual artist. His biography has a major role in his works.
-Selected by Anna Efstathiou for DecideART platform, London, UK
- "CHAPTER I" group exhibition organized by Constantine, Anjulatos, (Art Number 23) London, United Kingdom
- XI Florence Biennale 2017 (Biennial Foundation), Florence, Italy
- 2017 Group Show at Primitive Gallery, Tel Aviv, Israel -Support Grant for Artistic Research, Israeli Ministry of Culture
- "28" solo show, Florentine4 Space, Tel Aviv, Israel
- Group show at The Crypt Gallery, Lily, Brooke Chroma Collections, London, England
- Solo show at "Deli" for the 1st anniversary, collective "Clouds, Tel-Aviv, Israel
- "Accessible Art Fair" in the selection "Curated by", Brussels, Belgium, Chief Commissioner: Stephanie Manasseh
- Special prize under 25 years, One-month exhibition at the "Romanian Institute", Chief Curator: Igor Zanti
- "Arte Laguna Award" at "Venice Arsenal", Venice, Italy 2013 - Arts Fair "Les Hivernales de Paris", Paris, France
- Salon des Arts Hauts-de-Seine, Hauts-de-Seine
- Exhibition "Moulin Fidel", Plessis-Robinson, France
-10th Salon of professional artists, Plessis-Robinson, France